Sunday, February 15, 2009

They/we/it/I pulled us/them/it/me back in..........

With the new year finally over and done with, I have to report that I have over the new year left my last corp, "Best Path Incorporated", and participated in the reforming of an old corp that I had previously been a member of....

Cassus Belli

This was in fact the 2nd player corporation that I joined playing Eve, and was the corporation that had  introduced me to 0.0.  

At the time however it turned out at the time time that, as a corporation, we were not ready for 0.0.  As a result, for various reasons and individual desires, the corp decided to disband.

We headed in various directions, and career paths, with some remaining behind and joining another corporation within the alliance.  However we all remained in touch, and spoke weekly, if not daily, with each other.

Over the past year a number of us (including our old CEO) found ourselves in the all in the same fantastic corp (BPINC). As always some our conversations revolved how we would run CB now (knowing and being capable of that much more now).

At Christmas 4 of decided to actually give it a go, and to try a particular approach that we had discussed, and CB was resurrected from a holding corp.

The four of us bring to the corp a significant capital capability (more characters that can capitals than actual members), as well as significant industry capability (mining, production, T2 invention, etc).

At this stage we seem more than capable of providing for ourselves, but if that was all we wanted to do, we should have stayed in Best Path... 

What we really want though, is people!  We want to create a nice big family of people working together to achieve everything they want to achieve....

Recruitment is open, but we admit to not being really active at it....  

We know what we are looking for in a person, but articulating that is the hard bit....  

However what we do know is what we are looking for in terms of a character, i.e. can fly a BS or barge (to rat of mine), and isn't an "alt". Oh, and not a trial account, but otherwise we are open to anyone (we remember what it is like to have low skill points, and are happy to help you out).

Any how, these should be a few interesting months....

That all said, I think I speak for us all when I say we were very say to leave Best Path, they are truly a fantastic corp, and would recommend them to anyone.  However, some times you have to endure short term pain, to achieve long term gain.

3 comments:

X1376 said...

I hope to see you still around! Good luck on your way!

WTM said...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention.... Still staying in ED.

We decided it was a good incubator for re-establishing the Corp.

The idea of going back to empire is just too horrifying..

X1376 said...

Goood. :) So if I understand it right now, your old-new corp is part of Etheral Dawn? If yes, nicely done!

I was in such small IRC corp before, The Aztecs. It had logistic backbone of three people and the corp as whole was strongly PvP oriented and the best corp I was in. Then emerge some troubles within logistic part and we closed while merging into IRC executor.

I wish you more success!